The Big Old Blighty Blag

Tales from "The Village"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom

Bought a house in a village in South Wales, have a reasonably nice view of tree-covered mountains all around. Still haven't found a better job... maybe next year...

Tuesday, 25 January 2011

My Blog Grows ever Colder...

I used to blog almost every day when I lived in Tokyo, since returning, I've averaged a blog approximately every three months, if that. That's rubbish - I've been re-reading some of my posts and if I say so myself, I am quite hilarious. Note to self: spend less time on Facebook and more time making extremely amusing observations in the blogosphere.
So, where to start...? Summer was ok, a little stressful because I had two jobs; I was teaching Monday to Friday and working at the cinema on Saturdays and sometimes an evening, too. It got exhausting and as soon as I was sure the teaching was to be made permanent, I quit the cinema. The teaching was then made un-permanent and once again, I have no job. Terrific. I've written the nativity play I began in 2008 so that's good and this week I will go to my first yoga class. I've bought a pair of high heels and signed up to be in the Passion play - I'll be playing Thomas or as I prefer to call him, 'disciple number 4' this is because none of us have any lines so I don't see the need to have a 'character'. Every week at rehearsals we have to do warm-up exercises which involve us walking 'in character' ... it's bizarre. I won't go into it - I hope the play turns out well.
The Cat who Walked Alone arrives tomorrow and I am looking forward to a few days of madness and fun. More later this week, I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home