The Big Old Blighty Blag

Tales from "The Village"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom

Bought a house in a village in South Wales, have a reasonably nice view of tree-covered mountains all around. Still haven't found a better job... maybe next year...

Tuesday, 11 November 2008

I've been thinking about why Remembrance Day has me so upset this year and I've come to the conclusion that perhaps it's because I missed it for 6 years... I knew it was there, and I marked it in my head but TUC didn't commemorate it and it certainly wasn't on the news... or perhaps it's because I have been giving my cousin a lot of thought lately; he was in the army and one day on a routine training exercise, he collapsed and never got up... or perhaps it's because 90 years to the day, the end of the Great War... we still stand silent for two minutes as a mark of respect to those who have died for our freedom... a freedom which we squander... yet... 90 years on we have still learned nothing. Humanity is a parasite on the back of a rotting planet... why haven't we learned? And why are more of us not utterly shamed and disgusted...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home